Permission to Speak – Leadership Blog – Kelly Vandever Interviews Chad Littlefield
Leadership Video Blog & Podcast
Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever
Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose.
Our guest for this episode: Chad Littlefield
- Creating relationships of trust
- World in Conversation
- The default questions we ask
- Creating dialog
- Asking different questions to create deeper connections
- For example, instead of asking, “How are you?” ask “What do you really care about?”
- Another example, instead of asking, “How was your weekend?” ask, “What’s a moment worth remembering from your weekend?”
- Incrementally building trust among people
- Project Aristotle from Google
- Psychological safety
- What managers do is very viral
- Foundational tool is intention
- When you go into a conversation or meeting, share your intention about what’s going to happen
- Create a workplace that’s worth showing up to
- Positive social risk
- Leading by design
- Seeking feedback on iterative cycles
- We! Connect Cards
- Having conversations that matter
- Creating a declaration for yourself “I am the possibility that…”
Photos Chad Mentioned Showing the “We! Connect Cards” in Use!
How do you teach empathy?
How did you build trust?
How do you build a culture of building a relationship of trust?
How do I change the conversation to build deeper connections at work?
Books & Product Recommended:
Pocket Guide to Facilitating Human Connections by Rod Lee and Chad Littlefield